View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swiftcloud
King

re: Dirge Hints and Tips

The general gist is get a crap tonne of weapon damage bonus, crit bonus, crit chance. Your combat arts and spells are dirt when it comes to actual damage output which means focus on making sure your autoattack hits are huge. This is done through huge weapon damage bonus and crit bonus. Big autoattacks means big VCs which means your entire group's damage output is increased. We have to discern between which stats help grow VCs and which don't. End game you should focus on big VCs.

That being said here are some milestones you should focus on to just get generally good autoattack hits:

DPS: 600/1000 {Diminishing returns}

MA: 125 {Diminishing returns}

AE: 100% {Capped}

Haste: 500+ {Builds Flurry, but note Flurry won't help VCs}

CB: 800+ {Focus on getting this as big as possible}

Critical Chance: 1000/1200/1500 {Gnostic Tactics potion and white adorns}

WDB: As big as possible

"Speeds": 60%-85% {With temporary adorns and group buffs you should hit 100%}

Accuracy: 20%+ {Reforge, don't focus on this until after others}

Resists: 140k-165k

AGI: 9000-10000+

STA: 20000+

ARMOUR

Aim for green malice chain. You want stuff with weapon damage bonus (wdb) with DPS mod and any of attack speed (haste), multi-attack chance (MA) or AE autoattack stats. 

You can get these as drops from Phantom Sea zones or with green gems from both Tranquil Sea and Phantom Sea. The green malice gems come from weekly quests or purchased for 200 ferrin and 45pp.

For your belt and cloak: CRITBONUS > FLURRY. You will probably come across flurry stuff first, you can use it until you get critbonus stuff which is a little more contested. There's a decent belt, not for bards unfortunately, that drops in the new Rum Cellar content. I think you have to combine four pieces together.

Adornments

Green- Get Core of the Fanatic or Bonecaster's x3. They give you WDB. 

Purple- Rune: Crit Bonus x7. You can purchase them in Phantom Sea with Ferrin.

White- Critical Chance if you can't get the new slot specific ones. Resists on jewelry if your resists are low.

War Runes

Screams of Battles, Winds of Obol {Glitched but works}, Wild Swings, Bolstered Attributes, Truespirit's Legacy {Group}, Magnitude {Solo}

Charms

Novelty Card +, and either Salvo or EV charm. Salvo drops in raid. EV charm drops in Caldera or Thresinet.

Paloian
Site Admin

Awesome write up Swift. I could adjust a few things on Mirrlynn with this. Since he is a hybrid melee/mage. I have noticed in certain groups I do more damage with classes that boost each other and/or items with group procs ( hence gear sets for solo vs groups ). We might do a write up on jewelry with procs needed for groups and raids that is in line with the charms you have. ( Example would be the Mithril Ring procs that boost the groups potency and crit for each member that has one ) . Let me know what you think.

Paloian
Site Admin

Here is another writeup:

Raider

re: Dirge

Since we're seeing some new faces including new bards I thought I would throw up just a little half-arsed "guide". I just go through some goals for armour, stats, war runes, green adorns, etc.

The general gist is get a crap tonne of weapon damage bonus, crit bonus, crit chance. Your combat arts and spells are dirt when it comes to actual damage output which means focus on making sure your autoattack hits are huge. This is done through huge weapon damage bonus and crit bonus. Big autoattacks means big VCs which means your entire group's damage output is increased. We have to discern between which stats help grow VCs and which don't. End game you should focus on big VCs.

That being said here are some milestones you should focus on to just get generally good autoattack hits:

DPS: 600/1000 {Diminishing returns}

MA: 125 {Diminishing returns}

AE: 100% {Capped}

Haste: 500+ {Builds Flurry, but note Flurry won't help VCs}

CB: 800+ {Focus on getting this as big as possible}

Critical Chance: 1000/1200/1500 {Gnostic Tactics potion and white adorns}

WDB: As big as possible

"Speeds": 60%-85% {With temporary adorns and group buffs you should hit 100%}

Accuracy: 20%+ {Reforge, don't focus on this until after others}

Resists: 140k-165k

AGI: 9000-10000+

STA: 20000+

ARMOUR

Aim for green malice chain. You want stuff with weapon damage bonus (wdb) with DPS mod and any of attack speed (haste), multi-attack chance (MA) or AE autoattack stats. 

You can get these as drops from Phantom Sea zones or with green gems from both Tranquil Sea and Phantom Sea. The green malice gems come from weekly quests or purchased for 200 ferrin and 45pp.

For your belt and cloak: CRITBONUS > FLURRY. You will probably come across flurry stuff first, you can use it until you get critbonus stuff which is a little more contested. There's a decent belt, not for bards unfortunately, that drops in the new Rum Cellar content. I think you have to combine four pieces together.

Adornments

Green- Get Core of the Fanatic or Bonecaster's x3. They give you WDB. 

Purple- Rune: Crit Bonus x7. You can purchase them in Phantom Sea with Ferrin.

White- Critical Chance if you can't get the new slot specific ones. Resists on jewelry if your resists are low.

War Runes

Screams of Battles, Winds of Obol {Glitched but works}, Wild Swings, Bolstered Attributes, Truespirit's Legacy {Group}, Magnitude {Solo}

Charms

Novelty Card +, and either Salvo or EV charm. Salvo drops in raid. EV charm drops in Caldera or Thresinet.

Paloian
Site Admin

Another great site for info:

http://eq2library.com/

Swiftcloud
King

Nice info

Thank you

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRIBUNAL Forum Index -> Class Optimization All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: